10 Signs You’re A Crazy Cat Parent – Yes, You’re Cray Cray
If you’re on YouTube looking at cat videos chances are good that you are a crazy cat parent. Oh, what are we saying? It’s common knowledge that the Internet exists primarily for cat videos. But just in case you’re not quite sure, here’s a little test. If any five of these describe you, we are positive that you are cray cray for kitty cats. But that’s ok with us, we’re crazy too. You might as well hang around and watch a few more of our cat videos. And as always, these are 100% accurate and fact checked by my black cat, Binx.
Let’s get started. But, before we start, take a moment to like and subscribe for more fun, fauna facts.
Let us know about your kitty in the comments below.
10. If your cat is happily asleep in your lap you don’t move. Actually, it really doesn’t matter if he’s asleep or not. You’re hungry, you really really need to pee, but your kitty is peacefully relaxing on your lap, so you just wait until his highness is ready to do something else before dashing to the potty or heading to the kitchen to microwave a bowl of macaroni or ramen noodles while your kitty dines on gourmet cat feast.
9. You’re more excited about your cat’s reaction to the box than you are your actual delivery from Amazon. Well, that is in the rare case you ordered something that wasn’t for the cats. If so, you may be a little disappointed that Fluffy chose the box over the toy, but you’re still quite entertained. But you can’t help but think, “I should have just ordered a box full of boxes.” You actively collect empty cardboard boxes because your cat loves them so much you can’t bear to throw them out.
8. Are your walls covered with cat “shelves.” Did you put holes through the walls between rooms to create walkways for your feline friend? Are there more cat trees than chairs in your house? You’ve graduated beyond mere cat owner. Your cat has more entertainment in your house than you do. Oh and around Christmas time, you’ve resigned to the fate having to put the tree back together again at least twice a day.
7. There’s no such thing as private time. No, you’ve lost that. You don’t even bother closing doors anymore. Whether you’re in the bathroom or trying to sleep, your cat wants to keep track of you at all times. Heaven forbid you try to take a trip to the kitchen alone. Not happening.
6. You have actual conversations with your cat. Some days they are the only conversations you want to have. Because your kitty just understands you and the things you tell your cat are always kept secret. It is important to note here that you don’t just talk to them; they talk back, too.
5. Your phone is full of cat pictures. Your Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds are all filled with photos of your cat. Bonus points if your profile picture is of your cat! Even more points if your cat has a Facebook profile that has more friends than you.
4. Black (or white) clothing is no longer a functional part of your wardrobe because of the amount of cat hair that sticks to it. This is particularly problematic if the color your cat’s fur produces a high contrast level when paired with the color of the majority of your wardrobe. You keep a substantial collection of lint rollers onhand, but ultimately they’re useless.
3. Your cat knows exactly what you need when you are upset, angry, or stressed. Cat cuddles have the power to change everything.
2. Do you never go on vacation because of your cats’ routines? Not to mention their needs are just too difficult for a pet sitter to understand and you would just worry about them the whole time…who needs a vacation anyway? The money you save by not going on vacation can be better spent on more Amazon boxes.
1. And finally, have you trained your cat to go to the bathroom on your toilet? If so, you are absolutely a crazy cat parent… and like short a few friends. This one is worth 5 points. If you’ve done this, you are a crazy cat parent by default. You are at the top of your crazy game, but hey, no judgment here. None at all.
Are you a crazy cat parent? Let us know in the comments below.
Want more fun, fauna facts? Go ahead and smash that subscribe button and hit the notification icon to not miss a single fact. If you like THIS video, go ahead and push the like button, or that other button also works. If you’d like to help us grow, consider becoming a patron on Patreon or clicking the Paypal link on AnimalFacts.us. And as always catch ya next time.